Monday, July 13, 2015

Sampaquita

81/365 - Convinced she can do everything she's ever dreamed of with just a little more space

This exotic name is no more than the Philippine name for Jasmine Sambac. Here is it accompanied with lychee and grass oil top notes, which makes it sweet and almost cloying and backed up with patchouli the result is quite reminiscent of the hippie era...
This opening accord (sambac, lychee, grass oil, patchouli) is actually quite pleasant on its own and is awfully familiar - however soon a superficial water lily note interferes and makes the scent somewhat irritating for me.

Definitely an interesting scent to try - but not my favourite from this house. I didn't find myself reaching for the sample very often. Also, once I apply it I usually want to switch to something else pretty fast. I love the name of that perfume - it sound romantic, exotic, mysterious and sweet.

Top notes: Lychee, Grass Oil, Bergamot, Magnolia
Heart notes: Sampaquita Absolute (Jasmine Sambac), Freesia, Muguet, Rose, Water Lily
Base notes: Musk, Vetiver, Moss, Ambrette Seed, Pathchouli

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home