Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Narkiss, Second Round



In 2014, I decided it was time to get back to my narcissus experiements. I wanted to try a new direction with this flower, after I've received a generous amount of Narcisse de Montagnes (wild, mountain narcissus) from my friend and colleague Jessica September.

With this being a mountain narcissus, I wanted the perfume to link more into my childhood memories of the flower, and the special smells of the Mediterranean winter.

Brief:
Narcissi and puddles. Picking mushrooms the day after the rain.

Notes:
Bois des Lands (Pinewood)
Spikenard
Angelica Root
Fire Tree
Narcissus Absolute

To these I later added:
Pinemoss
Vetiver, Bourbon
Africa Stone Tincture
Ylang Ylang Absolute
Palmarosa

The result was disturbingly earthy, with the feeling of rain getting lost to awkward woods and musky greenness. That's what happens when you're creating an unbalanced composition, even if the idea is great... So I had to toss this flower behind me, and start another fresh bottle...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home