Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sève Exquise


Poplar Buds, originally uploaded by Ron.McCauley.

Sève Exquise transports me to a field of green scattered with wild flowers and surrounded by blooming cottonwood trees. Sunshine warms my heart and steeps out the aromas of spring floral into the air like tea.

Opening with fresh green notes that are juicy rather than crisp. Lemon, galbanum and poplar buds unite in a honeyed accord. Liatrix (Deer’s Tongue) contributes a soft earthy sweetness of coumarin. Sappy galbanum absolute and hints of labdanum make an underlining resinous balsamic statement with hints of powdery and incense. Exquisite sap. Utter bliss.

This is hands-down the most easy-to-wear green perfume I’ve ever come across. One that only brings me happiness with no ambivalence. There is no sharpness in it whatsoever, and the sweetness in it is not forced or artificial as in most of the others I smelled. There is none of the severity or melancholy as in No. 19, nor the decadent confectionery base notes as in Ivoire, Yerbamate or Yohji. Created by French natural perfumer Victoire Gobin-Daudé. This line that is now sadly non-available.

Read other reviews:

I Smell Therefore I Am

Now Smell This


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2010 2:18 PM, Blogger Alexander Greene said...

It is truly terrible of you to tease us with something so difficult for us to smell- you have left me feeling hollow inside in a wonderful way...

 
At February 28, 2010 4:36 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Alexander,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting :-)
Sorry about the teasing... I've been longing to try this particular perfume for the past 3 years and feel very fortunate that a decant have crossed my path. It's beautiful.
I've heard a rumour that the line will make a comeback. Let's hope it's true...

 
At March 05, 2010 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ayala! Isn't this a beautiful scent! The others in the line are wonderful too, and they smell very natural. Hope they do return someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home