Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ginger & Amber: The Third Party


zest, originally uploaded by ChrisB in SEA.

It seems to be moving in one month intervals with the development of this fragrance. And here comes the third entry for my amber and ginger fascination. Last time I was wishing for more of a dramatic dichotomy between the fuzzy amber and the zesty ginger. The 2nd mod was very close to what I wanted - turning up a little musky, surprisingly. I liked the dry out but wanted to amplify the zing of ginger.

The third mod tries to do just that, and with the addition of a third party, a new element: orange.
Wild orange, to be precise. It’s lively and zingy and mouthwatering. In addition, the candy-like sweetness of Tangerine Murcott and orange peel.

I have also decided to play up the musky qualities with the addition of ambrette seed CO2. And to increase the sweet drama of the amber with some naughtily animalic honey absolute. I have to say that so far I’m pretty happy with the direction, although it’s not finalized yet.

For the next mod, I would like to add some orange juice essence (which I run out of and need to order) and perhaps something floral as well to make it more perfumey and complex. I was thinking about gingerlily but quickly realized it’s the idea of using gingerlily (because of the name) and not the scent itself that is attracting me here. Gingerlily will be too complex and add a musty-earthy spiciness which is what I’m trying to get away from. I want the juiciness of ginger, not the rootiness of it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 07, 2008 3:51 AM, Blogger chayaruchama said...

What a great photo !

I'm liking the sound of this scent, more and more...
Truly new.

 
At November 16, 2015 9:42 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Whenever I find the perfect photo illustration for a blog post, I feel truly lucky... I try to stick to my original photography but it's hard to keep up. Thank goodness for Flickr ;-)
This perfume is what ended up being "Zangvil". If I haven't sent you a sample of it I will with the Komorebi press kit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home