Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Trapeze + Scandinavian Jazz = Dzing!


In a peculiar point in time and space, two unrelated events occur side by side, and together create a surreal phenomenon of encapsulated beauty, frozen in time and memory yet living in another, yet unknown dimension.

I was only a witness. But even witnesses have an impact on dimensions unknown to them, even more so when they are revealed to them without adequate warning.

Surrounded by Scandinavian Jazz, ocean, snow-capped mountains and giant cruise ships, a trapeze dancer suddenly enters the ring... She is secondary to the stage, but she steals the show. Before you know it, she is there, performing. Stripped of any context besides what is there, no glitzy costumes or fire-rings to escape through. But the scent of the circus is there, even if just in the memory of the silent observer who is caught right there and than, between tangible reality and dimension whose existence is proven by no one.

Gradually, I recognize the scent which emanates from her distant body, caught in mid-air, dancing between red brick walls, melted-tar-dripping roof, and the steaming hot asphalt. And this scent is none other than the Dzing!

Top notes: Cade (Smokey note), Rose, Orris, Jasmine
Heart notes: Styrax, Cinnamon
Base notes: Black tea, Benzoin, Peru balsam, Castoreum, Birch Tar (Leather notes)

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

great review! whimsical and makes me wanna go spritz on the dzing! today.

 
At June 28, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

I would want to do the same thing, but I ran out of my Dzing! I will have to add it to my shopping list for the next time I go grocery shopping for my perfume staples ;)

 
At June 28, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger katiedid said...

"I was only a witness. But even witnesses have an impact on dimensions unknown to them," That's physics! The observer effect to be precise! Neat!

 
At June 30, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Yes, Katie, it's physics, and it's called the
Heisebnerg Effect
- I was trying to be sublte and not too cheesy about the whole time travelling time, but now that you have unravelled my intentions (you are just too smart ;) - there is another time travelling review I just posted today, about 100% Love. I love time travelling!

 
At June 30, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger katiedid said...

No, you were pretty subtle, and you were NOT cheesy. It just tickled me so to see how you did that! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home