Saturday, May 06, 2006

Diorissimo

Diorissimo is the essence of spring, and as it’s genius creator Roudniska has said, it captures the scent of the flowers as well as the natural atomsphere where the little modest flowers grow - green foliage and damp and chilly forest floor.

Diorissimo evokes an instantly cheerful mood and a happy and positive attitude as soon as it delights with its presence. It radiates a certain pure and youthfully innocent quality that makes it a perfect scent for initiating young girls into the world of perfumery, and perhaps even seducing them into a premature wedding with its intoxicating and euphoric scent.

As an Eau de Toilette, Diorissimo is a soliflore lily of the valley, in fact – the only one that I smelled so far that captures the scent of the crisp little white bells without smelling headily synthetic and develop into a flat, shallow nuisance on the skin.

In the Eau de Toilette I can smell mostly the galbanum, boronia and jasmine, all in a supporting role to the heady scent of freshly picked lily of the valley.

The pure parfum, however, has a more deep and less single-floral feel to it. The rose and jasmine are more dominant and the boronia works really well in accentuating the green and fresh spring qualities. I have also detected certain amount of oakmoss in the base. It is very subtle - but I think it does what it needs to do. I used to like the EDT much better, abut now I prefer the parfum.

Top notes: Green Glabanum notes
Heart notes: Lilly of the Valley, Boronia, Calyx, Rose
Base notes: Jasmine, Sandalwood, Civet

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 07, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever even seen the pure Parfum of this fragrance - it must be magnificent! Someday....

 
At May 07, 2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Flora, if you ever tried Joy in pure parfum you will understand the difference. Comparing to the parfum, both EDT seem thin and mostly floral. It is only in the pure parfum that the animalic base reveals the secret of the lasting power of the florals... The pure parfum is not so hard to obtain - I got mine at The Bay several years ago. I hope it is still fairly easy to find... I had to ask for it though, it wasn't displayed.

 
At May 07, 2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

I love the parfum, too. For me, Joy, Diorissimo and Chanel No. 5 perfume are some of my most treasured scents.
Thanks for the discerning review of Diorissimo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home